The weekend of 27 – 30 may 2016 our teacher Tew will be in Corfu again for a T’ai Chi workshop in the wonderful garden of Casa Lucia. His inspirational lessons about T’ai Chi and meditation are good to follow even for people who have never done T’ai Chi before.
We have created a 10 day holiday where you will stay for 5 days at Casa Lucia during Tew’s workshop, and the following 5 days on a sailing yacht. During sailing Tew’s lessons will still vibrate and we will keep practising Qi gong on the beaches of our destinations.
About the teacher
Born into a diplomatic family in Bangkok in 1947, Tew Bunnag was educated in England and read Chinese and Economics at Cambridge University, graduating in 1968. In 1975 he helped to establish a spiritual therapeutic centre outside Cambridge which combined traditional Eastern practices such as meditation and T’ai Chi with Western approaches.
In 1986 he moved to Greece with his family and opened the Centre in Athens, teaching t’ai chi and meditation, at the same time travelling and teaching in Europe.
In 1989 he came to Corfu for the first time and started the Corfu T’ai Chi group, giving monthly classes and summer workshops. After an absence of a few years in Thailand, he returned to Corfu in 2007 and has been visiting the island every spring and autumn since then. He is the founder of the European School of T’ai Chi Ch’uan and divides his time between his home in Spain, and Bangkok, Thailand, where he is very actively involved in the Mercy Centre for street children and families with Aids.
He is an author of works on T’ai Chi and meditation, as well as novels and stories of life in Thailand. In Spain he is currently the president of Vinyana , an association offering training to doctors and nursing staff as well as family carers on integrating Spiritual Care and how to find a compassionate way to treat and help the dying.
Door Zoë Valerie: Having Tew as a teacher means that at times of desperation, panic, joy, illness, healing, birth. death very specific words and practice arrive to guide, assist, rescue. They are always at my disposal effortlessly and most intensely at times of transformation.
They are his words and his instruction but they have been delivered in such a way that they cannot pretend to be anything other than my own ancient knowledge yet they remain distanced from me enough so that even in the deepest self rejection I can hear, listen, feel, remember.
Having Tew as a teacher has transformed me, again and again, allowing me to flow with change. Few teachers transfer wisdom in such a natural mode of sharing, reminding and reinforcing.
He has been teaching at Casa Lucia, for decades, every spring, every autumn, like the migrating bird of Metta. We greet him every time knowing that when he leaves we will be different.
(Metta 慈: loving kindness)
- 25/5 – 29/5 stay in a cottage at Casa Lucia and 30/5 – 4/6 on board of a sailing yacht.
- 25 mei, day of arrival.
- donderdag 26 mei, free day for sightseeing on Corfu, shopping, swimming and relaxing.
- 27 – 29/5 T’ai Chi, Qi Gong and meditation with Tew.
- 30/5 check in at the yacht around midday and a nice afternoon sail to Ag. Stefanos
- 1 juni sailing to Notos Beach/Panorama or Sayiadha
- 2 juni sailing to Paxos, Lakka or Mongonissi
- 3 juni sailing to Mourtos/Sivota
- 4 juni sailing back to the marina
- 5 juni 09.00 o’clock check out of the yacht. If you don’t fly early that day a visit to Corfu town might be nice.
Practical information and prices
- Shared accommodation at Casa Lucia costs 30 euro per night, or 50 euro for a private rooom. voor een privé kamer. You can also rent a cottage
- Price for the 3 days workshop of Tew is 200 euro per person.
- Sailing price depends on the choice of yacht.
- Berth charter with skipper for 5 days will cost 350 euro per person (2 persons per cabin). A privat cabin costs 600 euro.